In November 2011 I climbed aboard the gratitude train and posted a Facebook status each day in regards to what I was thankful for. I so enjoyed doing it that I decided to bring our family blog back with a little twist... to devote the year of 2012 to gratitude. This will be my platform with which to journal our thankfulness throughout the year along with just documenting the daily fun that is our family! Hope you'll join me for the journey!

Friday, November 27, 2009

9 Years Ago Today...


Wow... it's been a while since I last posted! Facebook has really made me a bad blogger! So a few weeks ago Will asked me if I remembered last year on his birthday writing 8 things I loved about him (on my old blog)... he then asked me if I was going to do a "9 Things I Love About Will" post for his birthday this year and I figured that was the best reason to jump back into the blogging scene... so here we are! 9 years ago today I gave birth to my first born, my son Will. Today as we celebrate his 9th birthday I present to you 9 reasons why I love this boy to the moon and back...

1. I love his genuine and contagious smile!

2. I love his amazing memory and how he randomly will say "remember when I was two and we did..."

3. Even thought they have their typical "sibling issues" I love how much he loves his sister. He comforts her when she's sad, laughs with her when she's happy and looks out for her like any big brother should!

4. I love the notes/pictures he randomly write/draw for me to tell me he loves me.

5. I love that he still want me to tuck him in at night and tell him that "I'll see him when the sun comes up".

6. I love his gorgeous thick hair and how it falls across his forehead (even if people often tell us he needs a haircut)!
he has!

8. I love his love for all things music! I love how he can hum in various sounds and sound exactly like the Million Dollar Band. I love hearing him sing... praise and worship songs, rock songs, honor choir Christmas songs, and of course his absolute favorite The National Anthem. I love hearing him play his guitar (when he practices:) and I look forward to loving hearing him play his new drum set:):):)!

9. I love his strong will and his desire to try hard and be successful! He has his share of challenges and often gets frustrated but still tries very hard to overcome and work hard and I love it when he is successful in moving beyond the frustration and is successful with hard work!

So there you have 9 things for 9 years! He may be almost as tall as me, he may not let me kiss him in public anymore, and he may stink like crazy when he comes in from playing outside now but he will always, always, always be my sweet baby boy!

Happy Birthday Will... I know you're excited for your birthday to be on the same day as the "Iron Bowl" so Roll Tide Roll... beat Auburn for Will!!!

No comments: